August has been such a FUN month! As you can see my husband and I got to babysit the most ADORABLE golden-doodle puppy AND of course we had to do a photoshoot! Ha! He was all kinds of spunky and our pup Chance loved him so much. They played NONSTOP. He is the most precious puppy and he has such an awesome mommy and daddy! I’ll have to get him for more play dates for sure! I’ve tried to convince my husband we need another puppy, he’s not quite there yet ;)
One of my main goals for August was to cultivate an intimacy with the Lord, trying to make more time with Him in my everyday life. I still struggle daily to do this but I’m thankful for the sabbath days I was able to set for myself and just rest. On those days I plan NOTHING. I can stay in my pjs all day, read, and read some more or do whatever I need to to feel refreshed. If you have an opportunity to work days like this into your schedule, they are gamechangers!
This month I also replaced all my face products with products that are safe and chemical free. I’ve been trying this new line called Beautycounter and I love it. It’s been a journey, taking baby steps and replacing things as I can, but I’m so thankful I’ve learned so much along the way!! There is this app called EWG that I also learned about through Beautycounter where you can scan all the products that you are using and it tells you how safe they are! My mind was completely blown away by the rating of some of the products I use on an everyday basis. Products that contain chemicals linked to cancer, infertility, and so many other things. I encourage you to look through your own products and see how they are rated.
Well here is to another month and I can’t wait to see what September holds!!
Goals for September
– Read Unseen by Sara Hagerty (I am SO excited for this book!! It just came out!)
– Start a minimalist wardrobe. Ya’ll this has been a dream of mine to accomplish but I have never gotten around to doing it. But a sweet friend of mine just launched her blog (which is amazing and you should go read it) and walks you step by step on how to create a minimalist wardrobe. This is my goal this month!!
– Vacation in Telluride with some sweet friends.
– Eat more of a Vegan diet.
– Buy organic.
– Co-lead a small group at church.
– Have prayer mornings.
– Blog 2x.
– Plan a trip to Africa.