2 Cor 12:9 “His power – to change us and refine us and save us from ourselves and wipe the past away and make all things new- is made perfect in our weakness. His Grace- the gift of abounding love and forgiveness we don’t deserve- is sufficient.”
I can’t believe it is October already, but I couldn’t be more EXCITED!! This is the beginning of pumpkin spice lattes, lots of pumpkin bread, and pumpkin pie (can you tell I LOVE pumpkin!!!!) !! It is the time for boots, scarfs, and leggings!! Hot Chocolate, movies, and a fire! Definitely my favorite time of year!
September was a crazy, awesome, emotion packed and quick month for me. God taught me so much about REST even though I am still daily learning how to truly rest. For myself, resting doesn’t come easy, but in September I found so much peace and joy learning to savor the small things in life.
This month is #ClearOctober!! I am ready to embrace a clear heart, a clear mind, and let go of all the clutter that distracts my mind from God’s specific purpose for my life. I want to press into God’s heart and allow Him to grow me through my weaknesses. I want to remove the haze from my own mentality and see the “clear” path that God has set before me; a path of freedom, assurance, restoration, strength, and clarity. Join me on this journey of #ClearOctober and let’s humble ourselves together.
My Clear List for October…
– I want to begin with a clear mind, free from worry and doubt, free from confusion and certain of where God has me, believing without doubt the promise He has spoken to me. Worry is something that daily challenges me and I want to be clear, open, and free.
– I want to refocus my eyes on the clear path that God has set before me in my vision for my life and the ministry God has placed inside of me. I want to believe with all my heart that Empty Bucket Ministries will change the world! I want to rest assured that where God has me right now is preparing me for even greater things to come. This month begins our preparation for adopting a village in Nigeria, Africa! Working on building our first well!
– I want to be transparent in my friendships and those who are closest to me. I want to create relationships that are deep and fulfilling. I want to seek to make the path of communication open and free; a pathway that heals and sets free.
– I want to speak well with clarity and intention. I want my words to build others up and help them reach their full potential in Christ. I have the amazing opportunity to speak at the “I Stand” Calvary Women’s Conference this year and I couldn’t be more excited! Joining with an incredible group of women for the weekend to Stand “Willingly” for Christ!
– I want to make Bright the lives of others, pushing them to dream BIG, to share their story, and follow that yearning in their heart.
– I want to lead well and jump without fear letting my faith take me on a journey.
– I want believe in myself and reach up to 18 miles on my long run this month. Training for my marathon has taught me so much about discipline, commitment, and REST. I also bought new running shoes last month and I can’t wait to try them out! (they are pink of course!!)
– I want to feed my body well so that I can focus on being my best for Christ. I believe in the power of nutrition and how it affects the body. I want to educate myself more by reading It’s All About Food. My goal this month is to stay away from processed foods and maintain a gluten free diet.
– I want to learn more of God’s heart for the “least of these” and finish reading The Hole in Our Gospel.
– With freedom, clarity, and vision I want to start my book and tell my story and empower others to do the same. My dream is to publish a book one day and this is the month where I want to begin.
– And last but not least I want to enjoy learning and baking new things. Pumpkin doughnuts are definitely going to happen!! Yummy!!!
This month is also my birthday month! I turn 25 years old and I am believing this is a year of God fulfilling His promises. I want to celebrate my birthday with a group of my best friends learning to salsa dance!
Now a RECAP on my September Goals…
– I finished reading Hinds Feet on High Places. What a beautiful book it was! This is definitely a book I will ready every year. It was so perfect for the season of life I am walking through and how God uses pain and sorrow to grow within you the faith it takes to reach the High places. Loved every page!!
– I registered for my first marathon on December 8th in Dallas and reached up to 16 miles on my long run! It’s getting real!
– I spent a wonderful day with my mother this past month! We did a little shopping (of course!) and ate at one of our favorite places, Mimi’s Cafe!! We shared our favorite muffin and a cup of coffee. These are the moments I am thankful for; the little memories in life that your create can leave a lasting impact. I really enjoyed just getting to sit and talk with my momma!
– I ordered our roommate bible study off of Amazon and SO excited to start it in October! Our goal is once a week to have a roommate time where we cook dinner together and watch a segment of our bible study and then just share and speak into each others lives of what God is teaching us! When you have accountability partners, you can GROW so much.
– One of my last goals was to spend time in SC and NC with beautiful friends on the beach! What an incredible time that we had. I ran on the beach in the sand at sunrise for the first time! LOVED the beauty and the sound of the waves. I attended an incredible ladies conference and had the opportunity to share our dream of Empty Bucket Ministries with them. Pieces of the lasting memories I made on this trip with amazing friends and my sisters were running on the beach at sunrise, blowing up massive beach balls, late night Walmart runs, bedtime cereal, zumba class, laughing till we couldn’t laugh anymore, staying in our pjs all morning long just sitting around talking, EB coffee house dreaming, awesome coffee shops and little delicious doughnuts, Goodberry’s (a MUST have in NC!), Cowfish (Best sushi place), naps on the couch, and SO many more memories made!
Love these people SO much!