Summer is one of my favorite times of the year! Mainly because I love laying out by the pool, drinking smoothies, eating LOTS of watermelon, and going to the farmer’s market! I much prefer the heat rather than the cold. Matt and I have a new obsession with acai bowls. We went to Washington D.C. a few weeks ago and found the cutest little place that served AMAZING bowls. We literally ate one every single morning. We now crave it all the time and have learned to make our own and they are perfect for a healthy breakfast. We add 1 acai packet (I get them from Trader Joes), half of a frozen banana, blueberries, almond milk, a little bit of honey and blend ’til smooth. We then add a scoop of almond butter on top with sliced bananas and blueberries and gluten free granola. THE BEST.
May was a good month for me. I took the Strengths finder test with Matt and have learned so much about myself. I realized that I always maximize on my weaknesses rather than my strengths which creates a clouded view of the strengths God has given me. It is definitely a process but I am learning to embrace my strengths and use them everyday. It’s baby steps though because I doubt myself a lot. I also started a small herb garden (mint, rosemary, basil) and it hasn’t died yet! Praise the Lord! I launched my new blog (thanks to my husband!!), tried a new recipe every week, and made hot yoga a part of my life.
– Read When Helping Hurts.
– Lead and host the young adult small group in our home.
– Go to a strawberry farm and pick fresh strawberries with Matt and come home and make a strawberry pie :)
– Buy as much local, organic produce as I can.
– Start to share how Young Living essential oils have changed my life. If you have any questions or are interested, email me!
– Continue towards a chemical-free home and life. My goal is by the end of this year to have a home and lifestyle that is completely free of chemicals. I’m learning so much about the chemicals that are in the things we use everyday. It is crazy!
– Clean out my closet. Adopt the lifestyle of when I purchase something new to give one thing away.
– Photograph a family portrait session this month.
– Sign up for the Perspectives Class.
– Attend Saturday morning prayer at our church.
– Date night 1x per week.
– Try my first Pure Barre Class! I still haven’t done this but it is definitely my goal this month.
– PRAYER. If there is any goal this month that I want to focus on it’s this one. Finding time every day to just get alone with the Lord. Y’all I struggle with this. Our Pastor spoke and amazing message this past Sunday about the Holy Spirit and the benefits of His power in our lives and he encouraged us to just get alone.