“I go to the east, but he is not there. I go west, but I cannot find him. I do not see him in the north, for he is hidden. I look to the south, but he is concealed. But he knows where I am going. And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold.” -Job 23:10
During my quiet time this morning, I felt the Lord speaking the words ‘Confident Trust’ in regards to the fear we face in our lives. I immediately pulled out my journal and began to write what I felt the Lord was saying about what it means to fully and confidently trust Him. This is a piece of my journal and I hope it settles your heart as much as it settled mine.
[Insert your name and speak these words over your life]
– Lauren TRUST in me. I know the path I have you on.
– I know where you are going. Walk through the test fully aware that I am with you and you will come out as ‘pure as gold.’
– Your destiny is set my daughter. It is already planned perfectly; exactly what I desire for you (Psalm 138:8).
– Know me as the God who controls the storm and causes lightening to flash from the clouds (Job 37:15).
– Hear my voice in the thunder and rest in the greatness of my power (Job 37:5).
– Know that I am yours and you are mine (Isaiah 43:1).
– You are safe.
– You are guarded.
– You are worthy.
– Lauren, just BE YOU. The daughter I created; I call you my masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10).
– Every worry and fear of yours is in my hands. I’ve got this. Let me have control.
– I never want you to doubt my love for you. Rest in the promise that I love you unconditionally (Isaiah 55:3).
– When fear overwhelms you, all you have to do is KNOW that I am God (Psalm 46:10). I created you.
– Bring your mind back to this moment of life I have you in; peace, freedom, and an incomprehensible LOVE awaits for you there.
– Stop excessively planning for things and worrying about the future. Know that your future is in my hands (Psalm 31:15).
We can recognize fear and a lack of trust in our lives when we find ourselves excessively planning for things, worrying about the future, or trying to figure something out. If you are like me, this is a constant, daily struggle. I have to remind myself that fear is not of the Lord (2 Timothy 1:7) and fear immobilizes and distracts us from God’s plan. When our mind is constantly in this state, we block our intimacy with Christ, making it hard to hear his voice. I fully believe that true freedom is found when we release control and build our lives with a confident trust in our Savior. Is it easy? Absolutely not. It’s a daily battle and renewal of the mind.
Whoever you are reading this right now, my prayer is for you. Whatever struggle you are facing or battle you are trying to fight, I want you to know that God has you right where He wants you. You are His highly favored daughter/son and He is taking you through the “fire” because of the value He has placed on your life. He wants you to come out as ‘pure as gold,’ a gold that is refined in the fire. The season you are in will produce a gold of purified faith (1 Peter 1:7) and a gold of refined character (Job 23:10), effectively making you more like Jesus. Don’t give up. God has a design for your deliverance. The fire [season you are in] will eventually end and you will be “a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work” (2 Timothy 2:21).
“His purpose in the delay [of your season] is to strengthen your faith, kindle your love to a new depth of passion and maturity, and impart His heart and character to you – all in order to make you a more useful vessel.” -Bob Sorge
“When our passion for God becomes the foremost fire in our lives, then the impacting of others’ lives becomes the inevitable outflow of that dynamic relationship with God.” -Bob Sorge