FIRST I can’t believe it’s February. SECOND Matt and I celebrate one year of marriage this month!! God is SO SO good. Marriage has been the absolute sweetest but has also challenged me deeply. It’s taught me so much about myself while helping me realize how much grace I need on a daily basis.
It’s December!! My absolute FAVORITE time of year and the realization that I am WAY overdue for a blog post! Christmas decorations, lights, snuggles on the couch, christmas movies, hot chocolate, fires, my favorite Christmas essential oils, giving, and celebrating the birth of our Savior. Just SO much I love and so much I get too look back on and be thankful for. This past year has brought a lot of FIRSTS for me. And definitely these past few months have been some of the most challenging. If you haven’t heard yet we are expecting our first baby BOY May 2018 and we couldn’t be more excited!! Life has taken a huge turn for the good but has also brought it’s challenges. I thought I would be one of those women who love pregnancy, the 9 months you get to feel the movements of your sweet baby, but instead I have spent these past four months struggling with severe nausea, while still trying to encourage myself and keep the joy within the season of a beautiful life growing inside. God has been teaching me A LOT; patience, complete and total reliance upon Him, sacrificing my own will and time, rest, and trusting Him when I’ve been the sickest I’ve ever been. Now at 17 weeks I’ve found a little bit of relief and a little more energy so I’m hoping to blog a little more and share parts of my pregnancy journey. I’ve always longed for a natural birth experience and it’s been something the Lord has been laying on my heart for a long time. So now that I have a little more energy I pray I can share that with each of you.
December is not only my favorite because it’s Christmas time but because it’s the month before the start of a brand new year! I love spending December dreaming of the next year, making new goals, dreaming bigger, and making a fresh start for myself. I know 2017 has been a lot of focusing on being present rather than perfect, digging into the moment and discovering what it’s teaching me rather than perfection in my goals or to-do list. We all know I LOVE checking off my goals every single month but life is so much more than that. There is so much more JOY in giving yourself grace upon grace upon grace.
January 2018 is going to be a fresh new start to a simplified life for Matt and I as we prepare to bring our precious baby boy into this world. And our hope is to spend December preparing for all that January will bring!!
December 2017 Goals
– Read Supernatural Childbirth.
– Start advent study by “She Reads Truth” the first Sunday in December and spend a few minutes each morning reflecting on the true meaning of this season.
– Blog my pregnancy journey so far.
– Have a date night with Matt consisting of our favorite Christmas movie, baking Christmas cookies, and a long walk looking at Christmas lights.
– Spend some time this month dreaming of 2018 and what our goals look like.
– Host a Christmas dinner.
– Run the 5k Jingle Bell Run.
– Prepare to launch a brand new website for Empty Buckets by January 15, 2018.
– Prayer. I’ve realized how much I’ve desperately needed prayer this season and how quick I am to try and do things in my own strength.
– Plan a babymoon!!
What are your goals for December and the new year?
August has been such a FUN month! As you can see my husband and I got to babysit the most ADORABLE golden-doodle puppy AND of course we had to do a photoshoot! Ha! He was all kinds of spunky and our pup Chance loved him so much. They played NONSTOP. He is the most precious puppy and he has such an awesome mommy and daddy! I’ll have to get him for more play dates for sure!
It’s August friends!! Can you believe it?? Time has gone by SO fast I completely missed my July goals. I honestly don’t even know if I set any and if I did I definitely didn’t reach one! So thankful for grace and new months and new seasons. I want life to slow down, it seems like it’s flying by. And so for August I’m going to really work on that.
Summer is one of my favorite times of the year! Mainly because I love laying out by the pool, drinking smoothies, eating LOTS of watermelon, and going to the farmer’s market! I much prefer the heat rather than the cold. Matt and I have a new obsession with acai bowls. We went to Washington D.C. a few weeks ago and found the cutest little place that served AMAZING bowls. We literally ate one every single morning. We now crave it all the time and have learned to make our own and they are perfect for a healthy breakfast. We add 1 acai packet (I get them from Trader Joes), half of a frozen banana, blueberries, almond milk, a little bit of honey and blend ’til smooth. We then add a scoop of almond butter on top with sliced bananas and blueberries and gluten free granola. THE BEST.
May was a good month for me. I took the Strengths finder test with Matt and have learned so much about myself. I realized that I always maximize on my weaknesses rather than my strengths which creates a clouded view of the strengths God has given me. It is definitely a process but I am learning to embrace my strengths and use them everyday. It’s baby steps though because I doubt myself a lot. I also started a small herb garden (mint, rosemary, basil) and it hasn’t died yet! Praise the Lord! I launched my new blog (thanks to my husband!!), tried a new recipe every week, and made hot yoga a part of my life.
– Read When Helping Hurts.
– Lead and host the young adult small group in our home.
– Go to a strawberry farm and pick fresh strawberries with Matt and come home and make a strawberry pie :)
– Buy as much local, organic produce as I can.
– Start to share how Young Living essential oils have changed my life. If you have any questions or are interested, email me!
– Continue towards a chemical-free home and life. My goal is by the end of this year to have a home and lifestyle that is completely free of chemicals. I’m learning so much about the chemicals that are in the things we use everyday. It is crazy!
– Clean out my closet. Adopt the lifestyle of when I purchase something new to give one thing away.
– Photograph a family portrait session this month.
– Sign up for the Perspectives Class.
– Attend Saturday morning prayer at our church.
– Date night 1x per week.
– Try my first Pure Barre Class! I still haven’t done this but it is definitely my goal this month.
– PRAYER. If there is any goal this month that I want to focus on it’s this one. Finding time every day to just get alone with the Lord. Y’all I struggle with this. Our Pastor spoke and amazing message this past Sunday about the Holy Spirit and the benefits of His power in our lives and he encouraged us to just get alone.