It’s August friends!! Can you believe it?? Time has gone by SO fast I completely missed my July goals. I honestly don’t even know if I set any and if I did I definitely didn’t reach one! So thankful for grace and new months and new seasons. I want life to slow down, it seems like it’s flying by. And so for August I’m going to really work on that.
We had a pretty busy July traveling to Portland, Oklahoma, and Galveston. My favorite thing as been finding the cutest little coffee shops or organic (crunchy granola) places to eat!! haha! That is like our goal in every city. We also had the opportunity of leading our Young Adult small group at church and throwing my best friend a surprise birthday party! I have the greatest friend in the world and it was so much fun getting to celebrate her. These are the moments I definitely want to savor and take in.
Also, one thing I’ve really enjoyed this past month is getting to meet our neighbors. I was out watering our plants on the front porch one night before bed a while back and the sweetest lady and little girl came up to me and asked if we were new to the neighborhood. I never imagined that that little conversation would lead us to meeting some of the most incredible people on our block to do life with. We’ve already had potlucks and block parties and watched the richardson band play. I’ve never really understood the importance of those that live around us until now. It’s challenged me to challenge others to get to know those that live around you and to be interruptible. A conversation is never an inconvenience but could turn into a moment that could change someone’s life forever. When Matt and I were looking for a place to live once we were married we had no idea where to even look. Even moving into this house we were still unsure about the area but it’s so amazing to me how the Lord was working out the perfect place for us and we are just beginning to see His hand over it all. We’ve never felt more loved than we do in our little grey house. You never know what God wants to do through your life. Don’t miss those little opportunities to love those that need it most and let yourself also be loved.
– Sign up for and start Perspectives Class.
– Attend Saturday morning prayer at church 2x.
– READ: Finish Restless and start The Connected Child.
– Intimacy with the Lord (my main focus this month).
– Date night 1x per week.
– Get to bed by 10pm each night.
– Social Media free mornings.
– Get to know the neighbors right next door to me.
– Sabbath day 1x per week. I want to focus on having one day a week where I do nothing but rest, read, fast from social media, and spend time with the Lord. This is so hard for me because I constantly think of everything I have to do but my goal is to be OK with slowing down and resting. The laundry, the grocery shopping, the dishes will get done.
– Try to eat more of a vegetarian/vegan diet.
– Buy local/organic produce as much as possible.
– Post my favorite recipe this month.
– Replace all my face wash and make-up with with products that are chemical free!
– Finish decorating our bedroom and our sitting room. Declutter the sitting room and clean our closet.
– Give away books we don’t read or have already read. We LOVE books and getting rid of them is going to be a challenge for us. We have BOXES of them sitting in our extra room right now and my goal is to go through ALL of them and give a lot away!!
– AND believe in myself again.