I have good days but if I’m honest I have more bad days. Days I feel unworthy. Not good enough. Shameful. Weak. Fearful. Do you ever feel like these words chase you down? You want to be a writer but you can’t find anything to write about? You set goals that you don’t keep. Commitments fail you. You try your hardest for a day or two then life gets busy and you fall right back into the normal mundane of life. This has been my life for the past couple of months. I have failed at goal setting and have let the busyness and insecurities of life define my past few months… something has to change.
“We have to embrace a time of weakness to prepare for the ministry that lies ahead of us.”
Jesus fasted for 40 days- Can you imagine the struggle? I’m sure Jesus had moments where He wanted to give in, to give up, to quiet the physical hunger BUT He knew that even though His body was weak, His spirit was growing stronger. He knew that in His weakness there was preparation and growth for the mission God had sent Him to accomplish and He wanted that more than anything. There are going to be moments when we feel weak. Moments we feel like we have screwed up beyond repair. Moments we don’t measure up or even come close to the expectations we set for ourselves. But the good news is during those times, God is cultivating in you a strength for the purpose He has already equipped you for.
Here’s to August: A month of daily surrender. Daily encounters. And daily trust.
– Read The Holy Spirit and The Search For Significance. This month I am making it a goal to read everyday.
– Wake up 20 minutes earlier every morning for quiet time and refrain from using the snooze button. The Lord has really been teaching me about embracing a disciplined lifestyle as an act of worship. Corrie Ten Boom says “Don’t pray when you feel like it. Rather have an appointed time with the Lord and keep it.” I truly believe this is a game-changer and if we adopt this lifestyle, mountains will move.
– Blog 1x/week about our recent mission trip to Uganda. God did some INCREDIBLE things in Uganda!! I can’t wait to get them on the blog!
– Send one letter a week to someone who God places on my heart.
– Write everyday.
– Live a life of generosity.
– Eat clean and limit sugar.
– Make dinner for a neighbor.
– Reconstruct my priorities and learn to schedule my time better.
– Spend more time with family. Take my grandma to Cracker Barrel (her favorite place) for lunch one day.
– Practice photography 1x/week. I have SO much to learn!
– Find a weekly photography class to be in and start that this month.
– Speak at Greater New Hope Women’s Ministry Conference! I couldn’t be more excited and honored to speak to such a powerful group of women!!
– Be intentional about praying for others. It can become so easy to get caught up in our own needs and what we “want” God to do for us rather than those that are around us.
– Start planning for our EB team trip to Haiti in December and the two water wells we will build there!
– Fast twice this month.
It’s not too late to make some goals for August. Paying each of you join with me on making this month count!!