Right where God has placed me, at this very moment, where He has called me to be right now, I want to live well, do everything with ALL my heart, and be ALL IN. It’s so easy in life to get busy that we tend to give a little bit of ourselves to many areas, failing to go deep and invest in the most important areas of our lives. April for me is going to be a month of refocusing and being “ALL IN” in every moment and opportunity God gives me. I don’t want to be too busy that I fail to see the beauty in what God is wanting to do through me and in my life. I know one thing with all my heart, that I was created to bring glory to the name of Jesus Christ. Before He made the world, He loved me, He chose me, and adopted me into his own family. He purchased my freedom with the blood of His son showing His great kindness (Ephesians 1). And He did the same for YOU. God gave his everything for me and for you and because of His great love, I want to give him all of me. I want to rest in who He is and take the focus off myself and place it on others. This month I want to give my time and sometimes that is the greatest gift we can give. Just one week ago I was coming home from Nigeria, Africa where God taught me so much about loving others and always being thankful. He taught me about the simplicity of life and what it truly means to be a servant. He showed me the life that one drop of clean water can bring. Through tears of JOY and broken hearts he allowed me to see a love that covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8). Life is not about me but about others. It’s about helping others be the best they can be while helping them find their identity in Christ. This month I want to go ALL IN with every area of my life and every relationship I have. That ONE life is worth pushing myself beyond my comfort zone so that he/she may know and experience the greatest LOVE of all…Jesus.
– Finish reading Crash The Chatterbox (read at least 15-20 pages per day)
– Restart bible reading plan
– Be more intentional about “discipleship” and investing in those around me and the younger generation. I want to always be pouring into their lives and raising them up to be leaders.
– Begin our Empty Bucket Ministries sponsorship program for the children in Osula Village.
– Skype my favorite missionaries Mark and Michelle Moore who are serving in Turkey.
– Be intentional about spending time with my roommates. Have dinner together this month.
– Spend a day taking my grandmother to Cracker Barrel. Our favorite place to eat :)
– Be healthier: Eat clean, no processed foods, no sweets this month, limit caffeine intake to one cup of coffee a day, drink more hot tea.
– Try a new recipe
– Register for the Nike Women’s Marathon in California!!
– Blog about my journey to Nigeria
– Write a letter to a friend or family member
– Limit social media: fast from it 2x a week
– Fast a meal once a week this month and spend that time in prayer and reading the word.
– Get up at 4:30am for a quiet time on the days I work. Be in bed by 9-10pm these days. Really want to focus on getting good sleep for my body so that my day is productive and focused.
Well here is to April!! I pray you join me in loving a little deeper and investing a little more this month. Let’s be “ALL IN” in every area of our lives and seek to serve the Lord with all our hearts.