HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I’m a little late on posting my goals. It’s crazy how time can get away from you and before you know it, you are starting a brand new year. Well, it’s 2015 friends! Are you ready for a life-changing year?? This year CAN BE the greatest year of your life but it’s up to you. It’s not too late to start implementing change. For the past two years I have started my year with yearly goals and then monthly goals each month. I was challenged to do this by a friend of mine and her blog and it is a powerful tool for my life. I encourage you this year to take a day each month and set monthly goals for yourself. They don’t have to be complicated but things you can focus on and work towards. Maybe you want to invest more in relationships or work on yourself. Write your goals down so you can be accountable to reaching them each month. Make this year count in your life, don’t let it get away. Let this be the year where you allow God to do something new in you.
One thing I like to do before starting my new year is to reflect back on the past year and see how far I’ve come, what God did, and the areas I really need to work on. 2014 was a great year with lots of change. Change is never easy but as I sit here writing out this blog post I am thankful for every valley and every mountaintop that God walked me through. 2014 had its ups and its downs but for myself it was a great year of growth and for that I’m most thankful. Just a few things God did in 2014:
– Had the opportunity to be apart of a Church Launch in Richardson, TX. On January 26, 2014 Create Church had it’s very first service and it’s been an incredible honor serving on their team and watching all that God is doing in Richardson, TX.
– Empty Bucket Ministries traveled to Ethiopia and Nigeria where we built our first two water wells! A little village called Osula received clean drinking water for the very first time ever. It was beautiful to watch life transformation take place through a bucket of clean water.
– Joined Toastmasters for public speaking and gave two speeches. This has been the greatest thing I have ever done for myself. It has challenged me in ways I never thought possible. I encourage you this year to do something different where you go beyond your comfort zone. Push yourself a little more and I promise you it will be the greatest thing you have ever done.
– The relationships this past year God has built has been incredible. Only by God’s hand have we been able to meet the founder of Feet that Move and join with them to provide water wells and shoes to those in need.
– Went to California for the Kingdom Global World Connect Conference. Worshiped in a room full of people from over 40 nations. One of the most powerful conferences I have ever attended. Loved watching God bring nations together under one roof.
– Started EB Ambassadors, a mentorship for young girls through Empty Bucket Ministries.
– Three close friends got married and I had the opportunity to be apart of their BIG day. I LOVE watching God bring together two hearts and making them one.
– And God did so much more.
And now it’s time to start a brand new year. I believe 2015 is going to be a year of new beginnings, a time to start fresh, and a year of God’s restoration and redemption of the things we thought were lost. It’s a year of accelerated growth and the time to dig a little deeper into the heart of Jesus. This could be the year the Lord gives you the desires of your heart but we must “take delight” in Him. To take delight means to experience great joy and pleasure in someone’s presence. This can only happen if we know someone well. We must know Jesus well. We must spend time in His presence and hide His word in our hearts. Only then can we get to know who He is. As we get to know His heart, His desires become our desires.
“Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.” -Psalm 37:4
2015 Yearly goals
– Read 12 books this year (one book per month).
– Listen to Dale Carnegie CDs How to Win Friends and Influence People.
– Live on less than I make so I can give away much more.
– Read through the bible in a year (Chronological).
– Run in the BIG D Marathon in Dallas and raise money for a water well in Uganda.
– Learn photography. Take a photography class.
– Grow our EB board this year bringing new people on.
– Build 6 water wells in different countries around the world.
– Travel to Uganda twice and lead a team to Haiti this summer.
– Throw an Empty Bucket Ministries Fundraising Event.
– Speak at 2 Conferences.
– Learn to REST. 7-8 hours of sleep a night.
– Listen more. Talk less.
– Find one day a week where I don’t schedule anything and spend that time reading/studying/praying.
– Start writing my book.
– Makeover on website.
– Read Love Does and The Blessed Life.
– REST. Get to bed earlier every night.
– Simplify and declutter everything I own.
– Social media only 1x/ week.
– Blog 1x/ week.
– Attend Catalyst Conference at Gateway Church learning as much as I can about leading well.
– Go to Africa and find land for our two water wells in Uganda this summer.
– Partner with Feet that Move ministries.
– Learn basics of my new camera before going to Africa.
– Start a 21 day fast with Church family on January 5th. Eat Clean. No sweets/bread.
– Be a giver.
– Support another organization.
– Move to Flower Mound and start a new season of life there.
– Fast one meal/week.
– Write everyday.
“Do not remember the former things nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing. Now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness, and rivers in the dessert.” -Isaiah 43:18-19