Hello friends! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! I pray you and your family had a beautiful and joy-filled 2013! I am SO grateful to have brought in the new year with my best friends and a house full of people I love so much!! Now it’s time to step into 2014 and make it your BEST year yet!!! This is your time to be intentional and make the most of every opportunity that God gives you. May this be a year of setting goals and watching your dreams come to life. Start TODAY. Start NOW. And step into the destiny God has for your life.
This past week I have taken some time to reflect on this past year. I designated a page in my journal where I wrote down the times I saw God move in my life. As I grabbed me a cup of coffee and went back and read through all of God’s many blessings, I became so grateful to see how the power of God moved over this past year. It is so easy to forget ALL that God does in our lives on a daily basis, but He is in every moment and in every second of your daily lives. When you take the time to write down the little instances where you see God move, it can change your perspective in a moment of time. One of my favorite quotes is, “Never look back except to be thankful.” It gives you a different view of how to look at the valleys of pain and discouragment you may have walked through in 2013. It allows you to take those moments and “consider them all joy” with thanksgiving because God was forming something in you. I want to share some of God’s blessings in 2013..
– Empty Bucket Ministries served over 70 families dinner at the Ronald McDonald House and saw lives changed by the love that was shown.
– I had the incredible opportunity to lead our first team of 20 to Nicaragua in July! God did some amazing work through those on our team. The memories we made and the people we met have left a lasting impact on our lives.
– Attended the Flourish Women’s Conference at Covenant Church
– Was a bridesmaid! What a joy is was to watch my friend marry the man of her dreams!
– Attended the Raleigh Beach Retreat in North Carolina with some of the most amazing people and closest friends. My heart was so touched and changed forever.
– Had the opportunity to meet and spend time with incredible missionaries from Turkey. It is so cool to see how God places the right people in your life; those that push you, pray for you, believe in you, and challenge you to step out in Faith and change the world!
– Spoke at my first women’s conference this year at Calvary Church in Fort Worth. What an honor it was to speak on “Standing Willingly” for Christ.
– Empty Bucket Ministries spoke at multiple events throughout the year for the OneProject.
– Grateful for friends that hosted dinner parties for Empty Bucket Ministries to raise money for our water well project this year in Nigeria, Africa.
– Jason’s deli hosted us as their non-profit organization for the night on November 15! What a success!
– Spoke at our first Nigerian Church
When I look back, 2013 was an incredible year of God’s blessing and I am believing for 2014 to be even greater. There are so many things I am taking with me into 2014 but there are also things I am leaving behind. One of my favorite quotes by CS Lewis is “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” God has SO much for YOU this next year. Lets start 2014 fresh, new, and believing God’s promise that we are fully equipped to accomplish the work He has set before us. Chase after God with all your heart in 2014 and see what He can do through you! It will be greater than anything you can imagine. Commit to love a little deeper and serve those around you. “For only when we begin to love God properly can we begin to love others properly.” One thing I LOVE is people. This next year I want Christ to become the absolute center of my life more and more. That way I can love deeper, serve selflessly, and lead others to Christ.
Now for setting goals and casting vision for 2014!
“A year from now, you will have wished you started today.” -Karen Lamb
– Prayer and fasting. Starting January 4, I will be starting a Daniels fast for 21 days as well as a social media fast. Fasting and prayer is a great way to start the new year by opening your heart to new possibilities and discovering the dreams that God has placed inside of you. It also teaches you to deny yourself and places your spiritual man in control over your flesh. It is a powerful way to discover a more intimate relationship with Christ. If you want to join me and have some accountability email me!
– #ContentmentChallenge. I am SO excited about this and I am joining with my sweet friend and others as they take on this challenge. For three months, the Lord has laid it upon my heart to fast from unnecessary shopping and the purchase of “stuff” just to make myself “feel” better. One thing I want to live by this year is “Live simply so I can give generously.” I want to be more of a giver this year.
– Spend at least 5-10min in prayer before I leave my room each morning.
– Memorize one scripture a week.
– Pray for the world! Each week pray for a different country and mark off on map.
– Be hospitable to others on a weekly and daily basis. “Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it.” -Heb 13:2
-Write more personal letters; be a word of encouragement to others.
– Read one book a month.
– Blog 2x a month
– Try a new recipe
– Read through the entire bible.
– Travel to Africa twice: once in March as a vision trip and then return in the summer with a team!
– Invest more into Empty Bucket Ministries
– I believe this is the year to begin the book I want to write.
– Run my first Marathon, AGAIN!! (weather permitting!)
– Do my first Sprint Triathalon
– Pass my RNC exam!!
As 2013 comes to a close, take a moment to sit down and reflect on your own personal goals for 2014. What do you want God do in your life this next year? What do you want to commit to? Let go of? My prayer for you is that you enjoy the adventure in 2014 of finding yourself through losing yourself completely in Christ.
Happy New Year!!!