It’s December!! My absolute FAVORITE time of year and the realization that I am WAY overdue for a blog post! Christmas decorations, lights, snuggles on the couch, christmas movies, hot chocolate, fires, my favorite Christmas essential oils, giving, and celebrating the birth of our Savior. Just SO much I love and so much I get too look back on and be thankful for. This past year has brought a lot of FIRSTS for me. And definitely these past few months have been some of the most challenging. If you haven’t heard yet we are expecting our first baby BOY May 2018 and we couldn’t be more excited!! Life has taken a huge turn for the good but has also brought it’s challenges. I thought I would be one of those women who love pregnancy, the 9 months you get to feel the movements of your sweet baby, but instead I have spent these past four months struggling with severe nausea, while still trying to encourage myself and keep the joy within the season of a beautiful life growing inside. God has been teaching me A LOT; patience, complete and total reliance upon Him, sacrificing my own will and time, rest, and trusting Him when I’ve been the sickest I’ve ever been. Now at 17 weeks I’ve found a little bit of relief and a little more energy so I’m hoping to blog a little more and share parts of my pregnancy journey. I’ve always longed for a natural birth experience and it’s been something the Lord has been laying on my heart for a long time. So now that I have a little more energy I pray I can share that with each of you.
December is not only my favorite because it’s Christmas time but because it’s the month before the start of a brand new year! I love spending December dreaming of the next year, making new goals, dreaming bigger, and making a fresh start for myself. I know 2017 has been a lot of focusing on being present rather than perfect, digging into the moment and discovering what it’s teaching me rather than perfection in my goals or to-do list. We all know I LOVE checking off my goals every single month but life is so much more than that. There is so much more JOY in giving yourself grace upon grace upon grace.
January 2018 is going to be a fresh new start to a simplified life for Matt and I as we prepare to bring our precious baby boy into this world. And our hope is to spend December preparing for all that January will bring!!
December 2017 Goals
– Read Supernatural Childbirth.
– Start advent study by “She Reads Truth” the first Sunday in December and spend a few minutes each morning reflecting on the true meaning of this season.
– Blog my pregnancy journey so far.
– Have a date night with Matt consisting of our favorite Christmas movie, baking Christmas cookies, and a long walk looking at Christmas lights.
– Spend some time this month dreaming of 2018 and what our goals look like.
– Host a Christmas dinner.
– Run the 5k Jingle Bell Run.
– Prepare to launch a brand new website for Empty Buckets by January 15, 2018.
– Prayer. I’ve realized how much I’ve desperately needed prayer this season and how quick I am to try and do things in my own strength.
– Plan a babymoon!!
What are your goals for December and the new year?